Our little girl...

Lilypie

Monday, November 12, 2007

a quiet house...

Is what I came home to today... I got home early today... just after lunch from work... yes.. lots of work from home.. and it's quiet here.

No big goose... no little girl... just a couple of kitties sleeping in my clothes in the closet.

The last couple of days or so have been hard...no... not in that usual way, that would be too easy, and too complacent of us as parents if it was the same thing over and over.
Lauren has been quite fussy lately, and Bethy and I think it's because she is starting to teeth. At times she'll cry uncontrollably and unconsolably..... to a result of a little bit of frustration and great sadness. The frustration in language barrier in us not being able to pick up or understand the signs that she is trying to tell us :(

Overall she is doing well though... last week or so, Bethy started swaddling her again at night, and she seems to be sleeping much better. A couple days ago Grandpa said that he got her to laugh quite a bit as well....and sure enough, Bethy was holding her, and we got a laugh out of her as well. Another great step!!!!

she is quite a ball of fun... she giggles... she smiles... she is reactive... now I just need to figure out how to teach her how to set and hit left handed ;) (all in time Ken.... all in time)

So since I was home all alone(save a little man and pika) I was poking around some old pictures and thought I'd post them up.

Enjoy!!!



1 comment:

cko said...

Lauren is growing so fast. She eats about six ounces each time. She opens her mouth when she sees the bottle and downs it so fast! She is so strong that when she holds the bottle or my finger, her finger tips are white from the strength she has.
She's a real cutie.