Our little girl...

Lilypie

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

That's right I am 4 months old!

Lauren turned 4 months old on Saturday. So she was due for her 4 month check up with the pediatrician. We went on Tuesday Nov. 13 and everything went fine at the doctor appointment even though we waited an hour and a half for the doctor to see her. Dr. Kenney says she looks healthy and she has really strong neck control. Dr. Kenney also got to experience the "I don't like being on my tummy" cries.

She was measured at 15 lbs and 25 inches long. Those measurements put her in the 75th percentile in weight and 75th percentile in height. So it isn't our imagination she is growing!!! It's a big step from her 25 percentile beginnings.

She also had four shots again, DTap, polio, Hib and Pneumoccocal. She cried when she received the shots but after the band aids were put on and I picked her up she stopped crying. She promptly relaxed with my ministrations and she was asleep by the time we got to the car. She of course only took a power nap. She didn't develop a fever from the shots this time. I got my flu shot at the same time and I didn't develop a fever either :).

One thing I have noticed is this funny flip in her hair on both sides of her head. No matter how much I brush it the little curl reappears. In some pictures you can see the little flip on both sides. Hmm I wonder where she gets that from.

She is slowly losing all the hair she was born with and a new fuzz is growing underneath it. Its kind of funny to see all her short hairs everywhere (on her clothes, on the bed, in the crib, on the changing table, etc.) Should I collect it all and save the little hairball as a momento of the hair she was born with?

Unrelated to anything I have been talking about here is a picture of her taking her mid-morning nap.