Our little girl...

Lilypie

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time for my first haircut

Lauren's hair has been getting longer but a little scraggly on the back so Mommy decided it was time for a hair cut. We went to a place called Little Scissors in Fremont. There were two other kids ahead of us so it gave Lauren some warm up time to explore the little shop. It had a little playhouse and a big tv playing kung fu panda. Lots of things to keep kids interested.



Here she is getting ready to get her hair cut. If you look in the back of the picture you can see a pink jeep that she wanted to sit in, but I think since she is small she was put in this yellow car. The car actually had little pedals that one could push to make the tires rotate. Alas, Lauren was not interested in pedaling.



Here we are getting ready for the cut. You can see the longish locks in the back.



"What if I don't want my hair cut?"

Ok I didn't take any action pics of the actual hair cut. She did pretty well in the beginning when it was just scissors. When the lady brought out the buzzer thing Lauren did not want to sit there any more. Tears came out of course, but in the end all was well.


Here is my little doll with ribbons in her hair. Of course to get her to be happier I let her play in the pink jeep she originally wanted to sit in. She even try to insert my keys into the keyhole so she could "drive". I did get some locks of hair as a keepsake. I think the hair cut looks cleaner even if it is short.

The ribbon in the hair lasted about an hour before she pulled it off. But it looks pretty cute on her. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: