So it started early Sunday morning with our little girl going through a long nap-induced fasting period. Early that AM, our little girl packed in about 4.5oz of the milky.
I woke up around 7:30 and she packed in another 6 full.
then throughout the rest of the day, there were frequent(3-4hr) feedings of an additional 4-5 oz...
At one time, Bethy asked me if she wanted more, and I thought not.... being that when I picked her up and was patting towards a burp, in return, I would receive that very similar hollow-sound-reverberating-echo of a heavily water-laden watermelon....
But no..... more was wanted, and more fit in.
We thought that it would result in some overspill, or some regurgitation, but no... it all stayed in there... and in wasn't leisurely consumed... the efforts were packed with a considerable amount of haste equating to about a 4oz/10 min consumption rate. Wow little girl... impressive.
Sure... there were some P diapers... but no poop.... yes.. that is worrisome.
So that went on for almost all of yesterday. Some diapers were quite full, but that happens.
This morning just as I was waking up(around 6-ish) I heard a long and drawn out emission. It didn't sound especially wet, but it had me worried. All told, it lasted probably around 3 full seconds, no kidding. I was on duty for the next feeding so I debated on whether to wake her up and change her, or just let it brew a bit and let her continue to sleep. After about 5 minutes, I figured she was going to get up soon anyway, and that the interruption was worth the time it might take if the damage baked in a bit.... but much to my surprise... it was only a P diaper.
I took her downstairs to heat up a bottle and start the feeding and she pretty much just relaxed and hung out. I picked her back up and started the feeding, but wasn't really about to get very much into her... she was spending alot of time stretching, grunting, and knocking the bottle out... so I put her in the swing, and let her gaze and talk to her toys.
Over the next 10 minutes I heard a variation of sounds.... coos, squeals of delight, some wimpers... and definitely not least... quite a bit of gas. Some long ones... some short ones, some wet sounding ones and everything between and around those.... and after THAT, there was a decent amount of poop.
All in all... our little girl is growing up nicely. Every day, there are little strides in progress of her growing up, being more alert, tracking, responding, reacting. When presented with a new face she'll spend time starring and examining the new person.
I have yet to really settle down into a set schedule on sleep and being able to do lots of things, I'll take advantage of some nap times to get some stuff done. She's a cutie!
Here are some pics of her today:
This one is of her sleeping with the familiar hand to the face.


And this is a few minutes later as she surveys what is going on.

2 comments:
Lauren is growing so fast. What a cutie! Her coos and so fun.
oh she is so cute. i can't wait to see here again soon!
Post a Comment