As a preface, for the past three days we have been awaiting a large package from Lauren but to no avail. She hasn't even delivered small packages associated with gas. We have only gotten wet diapers...
Yesterday we had the pleasure of Andi and Becca coming over to our place to visit. After a few fussy minutes because she was frightened by a big bright shiny ring, she settled down. (She was actually fussy because she was startled awake just before Andi arrived.) As many of the parents know already she is at an age where she can't seem to pacify herself. I took her, bounced her while she was leaning against my shoulder and she calmed down. Once she was calm I handed her off to Becca. Becca had a one sided conversation with her for a little while before she began to fuss again. Becca got up and did a great job of calming her down. Lauren started falling asleep as I went out to get dinner. When I came back she was fast asleep on Becca's shoulder resting peacefully. In the middle of dinner Lauren awakened as she was wondering where was her serving. I started to feed her a bottle and when Andi was done with her meal she took over and fed her the rest of the bottle. Overall it was a good visit with the Fong girls :). Alas, there was still no package to speak of from Lauren.
Today, Eric and I had the fortune of Auntie Harr offering to babysit Lauren while we did some errands, so we took advantage. Just before we went to Auntie Harr's house Lauren delivered a small package. We were surprised it wasn't bigger but thankful she went as we were wondering how long she could go... We dropped her off at Auntie Harr's house. Becca was there as well. She was fussing a little bit before we left, but we know Auntie Harr is an expert so we went on our merry way. We returned three hours later to hear the news...
Lauren didn't just deliver one very large package, she decided to deliver two. Thanks to Becca who patiently comforted a very fussy Lauren for an hour and half before the first package came. Thank you a million fold as she was probably fussy because she couldn't go and you got her to let loose! Auntie Harr handled the second diaper but she said it was a lot of poo. So much that she wondered how the little girl could hold so much.
Of course we got there after all the commotion and she was again displaying her happy baby disposition, cooing and calmly looking around. She had finished around 6 ounces over that 3 hour span so she was pretty sated. I think she will sleep well tonight since delivering packages is hard work.
Thanks again Andi, Bec and Auntie Harr for watching my little girl. She loves the company of others even though she has a funny way of showing it :)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ha, i'm going to have to come back for another visit... without the "big shiny" thing on my finger ;). see you again soon... next time i'll bring paul.
Ohhhh, Auntie Harr is an expert and can handle any size packages!
Yes, it was quite an experience! :) I'm glad I was able to spend some time with her and that you guys live close enough to see baby Lauren all the time!
Post a Comment