Our little girl...

Lilypie

Friday, July 27, 2007

4:!5AM.....



Little girl was a bit fussy.. so 2 changes later... I'm up..

I got a call from Bethy just I was about to leave work, asking for me to make a stop off at the store on the way home.. I guess we're going to try the binky. We had some discussions about it before, some of the pros and cons of binky vs thumb vs nipple... we'll see how it goes.

After getting home and sterilizing them in the steam bag thing, we tried them out a bit, but she doesn't seem to take them right off the bat. We're not going to press the issue, maybe try it once or twice in the future.


When I came home today... I was shocked... she looked like she grew a couple inches!!! I'm not sure if she ACTUALLY grew noticeably in the span when I was at work, or maybe she just stretched out from having her legs held so closely to her tummy to outstretched a bit. Maybe my thoughts were skewed along with it because when I put her in a couple of the seats that we have for her, her torso seemed to look really long. I'm eager to see what her weight is going to be at the next dr visit.

I'm trying a new way to figure out if she is hungry.... when she's crying or what I believe is rooting, then I'll put my nose in her mouth and see if she tries to latch. I'm already holding her, all I have to do is bend over a little bit... tries so far have been amusing. Either she'll try to latch, or she'll shake her head back and forth with my nose still slightly in her mouth.... if she's not hungry, she won't necessarily react.

Last night we also gave her the first tub bath. She fussed through most of it but seemed to calm down once again when we washed her head/hair. The question I have is... what am I supposed to do with the tub when I'm done with it? Maybe I'll drill a hole in it and hang it in the garage to dry. Seems like less than friendly design.

Welp.. back to bed... maybe

I don't have any new pictures off the camera right now ... so here are a couple from the hospital...thanks Dad!

No comments: