Maybe there is no such thing as a schedule. One of the little books that we have says that at around 3 weeks, kids get fussy because they yearn to be back in the womb or so... or maybe her feeding schedule is a moving target.
I spent a little bit of time with her alone today while bethy went out and ran some errands. She napped while Bobby Flay took on a Chef Lang in a battle chicken... There were some interesting things they made... what a shocker.. Bobby Flay did pulled chicken instead of pulled pork. So Lauren chilled for just shy of 2 hours with me before she woke up, got a little fussy, and mom came home and fed her. That's what this picture is from.... kinda a cute picture of her with her slightly concerned look. She's had that from day one.
She did a really big poop diaper... so big that it overflowed up her back a little bit... not such a big mess... Maybe a good way to judge the severity is by how many baby wipes it took to clean up, something like the Fujita Scale ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujita_scale ) . I'll call this one the Lako-scale... This one actually used 3.. but the 3rd came up with very little if any poop, and was really just used for reassurance that everything was clean... so I'll call it a 2.5 .
Then she slept for like 4 hours or so before her next feeding. Barry Bonds didn't his his home run, and I did a little bit of stuff around the family room trying to move in and organize a little bit. Finally got the DVD player hooked up.
So mom and Lauren were upstairs sleeping.. and it was all the sudden 11:00.... I went up... picked up the car-seat(she likes to sleep in that) and ...
*CLICK*
I moved the handle.... and yup.... woke Lauren up..
I woke her... I had to try to put her back to sleep. I walked her around a little bit... a couple different positions... upstairs... downstairs... check the daiper.... other room upstairs, downstairs in the swing... wrap her tightly, too hot? unwrap her... all the time ... still fussing..
So I go to the relief... I've never done it before... but there are 2 small (2oz) bottles in the fridge..... it's never been done before... but if she's not dirty.. and she's not grunting like she needs to be changed... then maybe... just maybe.
So like I said, it's never been done before... I pull the bottle out... look for the top and the nipple. turn on the hot water, get a mug.... after warming the milk to the point where I can't really feel or discern a difference in temp, I pick her back up and give it a shot. Yes... it's a bit foreign to her... doesn't take it on the first try... yes.. I know it's not mom... but it tastes like her right?
Finally she starts to take it.... she's been doing this funny thing lately with her latch where she kinda clicks or smacks whenever she feeds, and it's back here. I'm trying to get the angle right so she always gets a full gulp of milk instead of sucking half-air... we know that only leads to trouble... so about 5 minutes later... she's done.. not bad. Bottle down, Lauren up... instant burp.
So she's content now... not sleepy.. but not fussing. I walk around with her a little bit, a little bit longer... it's 12:30, so I go upstairs and ask if the 2oz that I gave her might not be enough... Mom says she'll give it a try, and off she goes... and a little bit of nap for me... ready to recharge for another day.
Greg and June are supposed to be back... hopefully we'll get to see them today. I never got to see June's hurricane photos... maybe she'll have some good ones!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment