Our little girl...

Lilypie

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2500 miles away....

Bethy has gone down to SD with Lauren without me before.... why is this any different?

I'm over in Westford, MA for work, and just a couple days at that, but already know that its going to feel like an infinite amount of time. I'm not sure if it's the fact that she's older now and more interactive/dependent, or that i KNOW that she's across the country... either way, it sucks. Hopefully the next couple of days will go quickly, maybe focus on work.

Grandma came this morning as usual for a Wednesday, Bethy went off to work, and I was being dropped off at Oakland 9ish for a 10:40 flight. I don't know if she knew something was up, but she was clingy to me alll morning. Which I wasn't too unhappy about, more than willing to handle the additional encumberance of walking around with her while I picked up the last of the little bits in my packing.

Getting into the car was a little difficult as she was still very clingy and I had 2 bags, along with her that I needed to load in... once she settled in, with me in the backseat, everything seemed to be ok. She was flipping through a book and babbling.

As soon as I got out of the car at the airport, it all started again... she knew.... and it's very difficult.


I've transitioned to a role at work that, if it were to be designed correctly, will require some travel.... probably here(east coast) at least once if not twice. Down to India once if not twice, and possibly over to EMEA/APAC as well. I'm not sure how this is going to work out.

thanks to Grandma for taking me to the airport.

1 comment:

cko said...

Lauren cried and cried after her daddy left the car. She is going through serious separation anxiety now. She does this when her mommy leaves for work sometimes but calms down in a short while. Today, she called for her DaDa and Mommi, back and forth. When I asked if she wanted to see them, she said, "Yesh!" She was reassured again that she will see them later. She finally fell asleep.