So I hope this is a trend to come in the future, or maybe its a sign that Lauren should see all of her relatives more often, but last night(sunday night) and friday night were two of the best nights of sleep I've had in a while. I don't know about Bethy, but I think there was only one feeding in the middle.
After the excitement of yesterday, we brought her home, let her relax a little bit and then decided it was bath time. We're getting better at bath time as she fusses less. Yes, there are still some minor kinks that need to be worked out in how Bethy and I interchange roles and do things best, but it's a lot easier to go through that learning process without the pressure of fussing at the same time.
The change for me is that when we used to give our cats baths, they were always pretty content with cooler water. You know, there is a temperature where water is warm, but it doesn't really start to bite or feet "hot," and that was always what my target was before. Putting Lauren in the same water causes some fuss. Last time Bethy prepped the bath, made it "hot", and we had less fussing, and since then... if "hot" means less fuss, then "hot" is better(or "hawt" as Sammy Sosa used to put it).
So we gave her the bath, and then she got fed. That put us at about... 8:30-9:30. While she was getting fed, I got to do the maintenance duty of taking care of the dirty work.... litter box and changing out the diaper champ... whew... stinky business.
And..... she's been sleeping since then... here's a pic of my little bed bug. you can't see her legs tucked under her, but she's curled up pretty tight.
This is kinda a transition spot for her. I think Bethy was holding her, and then went to take a shower, so she just put Lauren next to me on the bed in the meantime. All clean!!! And sleep for another couple of hours little one, you can have breakfast in bed.

1 comment:
I'll take as many bed bugs as this one.
Post a Comment