Yes.. I know... but I forgot to take pictures.....
We went out to dim sum yesterday to see grandma and grandpa.... more to get out of the house than anything else. To go out, we put Lauren in this cute little Pooh outfit... and yes... I'll have to put her back in it and snap a couple shots off.. By the time I got around to doing it when I was home, she had already be stripped down to her onsie on the bottom because she was too hot.
So Bethy knows from some history of some chow fun that chinese food might not be the best thing to pass on to Lauren. It resulted in quite a bit of gas and discomfort for Lauren, but we'd thought we'd give it a try again, and have a bit of milk supply on hand so that if some of the first batches after the meal were gaseous again, then we'd have something to fall back on.
So we got her dressed up, packed into the car seat and off to dim sum. It was quite crowded, but we got seats. People do one of two things with babies that are small... either leave them in the car seat on a regular chair, or they do this thing with the high chair where they flip it upside down, and put the car seat in that. Some people say that the high chair thing is unstable, one of these times I'll have to give it a try and see how it goes.
So she was doing pretty good, or at least I couldn't hear her fuss over the white noise of Oriental Tea House. After a little while, grandma picked her up and put her to sleep.... and there she stayed for pretty much about 2/3rds of our time there.... sometimes with a napkit draped over her back to allow eating, but to prevent drips... quite an amusing site really.
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. On the way back home, we stopped by Babys R Us and picked up some small supplies including some new bottles/nipples that are supposed to simulate breast feeding more than a regular silicon nipple does. I tried them out with her, and yes... she still has a tendency to fall asleep on the boob, even if it's a simulated one, but I powered through that and got 5 oz into her, albeit a little more time than before.
The rest of the afternoon/night went pretty uneventfully. As you can see now, it's morning, and supposedly she had some big poop diapers during the night, but... out of sight...out of mind.... as I've mentioned before... I've had them before, and I'll have them in the future, I'll spare you all the poopy details further on that topic ;)
I think our little girl is developing a bad habit of sleeping quite loudly.... I think this comes from either Bethy and her side of the family.... or maybe my dad... I of course.... don't snore at all... period... end of discussion. I'm not sure if it's just the way she is, or the gas that she has(maybe residual from dim sum) but she has a habit of pouting, crying out and stretching in the middle of the night. While you might think that this is cute when you are watching her do it, consider what it might be like every 20-30 minutes when you are trying to get some rest. Part of you is already programmed to wake up and react to situations, and the other part is trying to get some rest if it isn't a big deal!!! What to do!
Today we're off to see the Dr and see how much weight she's gained and how things are doing.... this Wed we have an ultrasound appointment to check her hips as a result of her being a breach baby. Busy week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment