Ok... so I'm guilty.... I woke her up.
After a long day with her grandma, we had put her on the bed, tummy-side down as we think she sleeps and digests better that way. She had her arms bent and hands up by her cheeks, and her legs tucked up tight to her too... and she was so comfy.... so what'd I do? I rolled her over... and she squirmed herself awake. In this case, I didn't have to put her back to sleep because it was already past 10pm... and feeding time.
So I picked her up... changed her, and handed her back to mom for the feeding. Picked up a couple of the water bottles for Bethy, and the other dirties and went downstairs.
I came up shortly after that.. .and apparently it was changing time again.... Big Time.
So there is this constant fear of the legendary triple poop. It can consume multiple diapers, countless baby wipes(no.. counting them is NOT your concern while you are experiencing it), run the gammut of emotions such as panic, despair, and disgust. It is a constant and lingering fear every time a diaper gets removed from the bum.
So I'm there, white knight, in to clean up the mess... and this time with the careful supervision of Lauren's mom, victim of and more experienced with the likes of the triple poop.
My first thought is ... wow.. this is a fresh one.. and there's lots of it. So I start wiping away. I hold the legs with the left, so the right side first, then the left, a little in the middle. If the wipe is dirty, then it gets tucked into the spent diaper for later disposal, and a fresh one is pulled from the warmer. The bum is next and all done.....
No.... wait.. "you missed a couple spots."
Now... dating back to baby care class, they warn you that often exposure to air, or coolness can stimulate a secondary, additional onslaughts of hazardous material.
"Hmm... where.. here?" I do another round of wiping.
"there's a spot there"
"I don't see it"
Mind you... continual wiping is a known stimulant.... I'm starting to get suspicious...
"looks pretty good to me" as I do another round, and the wipe comes up clean.
I quickly lay down the new diaper, tuck in the necessaries and pull the tapes down across the front.... disaster avoided... maybe there were additional rounds... maybe not.... but most importantly this time around, it'll be in the diaper, not on me, or on the changing table.
;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment