So yesterday marked 3 weeks for Lauren. I am happy that she is healthy and growing. She seems to be getting longer instead of fatter but she is definitely chubbier than when she was born. It is also very interesting to hear her make all these new noises outside of the crying. I find them all funny but that might just be the hormones talking.
I have no perspective on how fussy babies are supposed to be even with all my nieces and nephews. I would probably rate Lauren in the middle as far as fussiness, even though I think Eric thinks she is really fussy. She likes to be held and walked. She was fussing last night around midnight and Eric wanted to know why. She was just tired/sleepy but because I was tired and sleepy I didn't explain it to Eric. Walking her and soothing her for an hour takes its toll on my communication skills.
It is interesting to read the posts Eric has been writing as it is a different perspective and we don't get a chance to talk as much as we used to. I try to make sure he spends bonding time with her even though I know some of it distresses him because he doesn't know what to do about the crying. I think all parents go through it. Each day we learn something new about Lauren and about ourselves. Hopefully it is good things, but not always lol.
As we get into more of a routine I will try harder to post more often...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awww....sending you love and kisses!! Can't wait to spend more time with all of you.
I'm already a regular reader - thanks for keeping us in touch!
can't wait to spend some time. maybe saturday... will give you guys a call :).
Post a Comment